TPS Reset/ISC Procedure with pics perhaps even a YouTube video?

natallica

I realize this is probably stupid, seeing as it's been covered and there are many threads directing guys to do this.

However, I seem to have a hell of a time getting this right and I've had the same goofy issues with all of my cars for a few years now. I feel like a retard but I think this would really help!

I think it would be cool, if someone (who knows what they're doing) could make a comprehensive thread showing EXACTLY every step involved in having a successful reset procedure... where probes are attached, indicating which wires to use, settings on the AVOM, ISC unplugging etc.

I realize it's in the FSM (which I have 3 copies) and I have 2 printed word docs from Mike C and Prof.Quest (Wayne, R.I.P Sir!) but I tend to spend and hour or so and get no results (improper readings etc.)... cars still don't run like I'd like them to. I have 'cleaned/flow tested injectors', new clips everything... but still struggle with it and I'm sure this request would assist many others as well. I tend to learn more efficiently when I have a walk-through as opposed to page of text which is too confusing... more of a visual kinda guy as are many of us I'm sure. Just an idea.

Who's with me? :)

• Like 1

I think it would also help a great deal to actually have explanation as to what the parts do as far as the ISC/MPS and the TPS.

It really helps in adjusting things when you know what the 'end use' or functionality of the device actually does.

Just a thought to whomever is smart enough to spear-head this thing.

Thx

-N8

• 2 weeks later...

I have always used the method posted by mike c.... It took more than 1 try to get it correct the few times i had to do the reset... The factory service manual(87 anyway) contridicts with mike c method on a couple steps and i have tried both... Mike c always worked(albiet a couple attempts)right now my car is not running so i cant make a video but following mike c method to the letter and maybe a couple attempts and u should be sound as a pound...u may have another issue going on perhaps.as u mentioned.a video would be nice or detailed pics of each step...visual aids are the best..

Gig out