'89 SHP Sunroof 5 Speed Two Owner in Upstate SC

theastronaut

'89 Conquest TSi, has the SHP package with adjustable struts and 8/9" wide wheels. 5 speed with sunroof, still has the sunroof bag in the trunk. I bought it from the original owner in 2013. He parked it 2000 when the clutch started slipping. It did crank when I bought it by pouring gas in the throttle body. I removed and cleaned out the gas tank and bought a new Walbro fuel pump. The throttle body has been rebuilt. Will need both injectors and the soft fuel lines replaced. I removed the distributor to clean and lube the advance mechanism so it'll need to be reinstalled.

I have a lot of original paperwork from when the car was bought new including the sales invoice. The body is solid, zero rust and still has the original paint. One of the rear wheels has a bent lip and curb damage that may be repairable. Only sheet metal damage is in the header panel; its pushed in slightly on the passenger side. Most of the interior is in good shape including the dash. No strange smells inside. The leather seats are dried out and will need to be recovered. Front spoiler has cracks but no missing pieces, could be easily repaired with bumper epoxy.

Rare find with the options, original paperwork, and zero modifications. The original clutch lasted 188,000 miles so it definitely hasn't been abused. Asking $2000.

More pics on the craigslist ad here:

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/4878005199.html

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss14/theastronaut/for%20sale/DED5C623-E8C8-4C7A-91E5-F64A94DB52BB.jpg

Edited by theastronaut

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I charged the battery to see what all works.

Works:

Radio, wipers, turn signals, headlights, park lights, windows, locks, ac/heater fan, antenna, horn, clock, windshield washer, emengency flashers, dome light and reading lights.

Works but has issues:

Driver side window switch will roll down the passenger window but won't work to roll it up. The passenger switch works both ways.

Drivers side seatbelt worked a couple times but is stuck in the "door open" position. Passenger side belt works great.

Steering wheel controls all work except for the "volume up" button.

Doesn't work:

Headlights won't fold down.

Outside mirrors won't adjust.

Also, I listed the car as two-owner but a history report will show one more. The original owner let his girlfriend at the time drive the car for a short time and had the title transfered into her name for that time. She lived with him so the car was always at his house, just like when it was titled in his name. Wanted to mention that so there wouldn't be any questions if you did a history report.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to not sell it to you because:

1: You agreed to buy it and never made a lower offer than my asking price, but backed out when you found one cheaper. I pulled it out of storage and cleaned it up to send better pics. You never showed up.

2: Interior color is a personal preference. It wasn't a problem before when you had agreed to buy it... Why is it a problem now weeks later?

3: I don't sell to "Starions are better" elitist. I've seen your facebook posts. Why did you even contact me about buying a Conquest?

4: Easy fix, there are no chunks missing. I stated this in the ad and all pictures I have posted show this. I'm not hiding anything.

5: I can ask 10,000 dollars for it if I wanted to. It has obo on the end of the asking price. However it does not have "offer $700 less than the price we agreed on because I just bought a cheaper car." I'm sorry that it wasn't cheap enough so you could flip it for a "$500 buck profit" after you got it running.

I was going to buy this but. I decided it wasn't worth it for five reasons

1:non running

2:red interior

3: CONQUEST

4:busted airdam

5:priced to high

Why even post this? We all see the pictures and can come to our own conclusion about what something is worth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

#15theastronaut

theastronaut

• Model:Conquest

Edited by 93 GSX TURBO