3ds Max Starquest

R-R-Quest

Was curious if anyone has attempted a full-on 3ds Max model of a StarQuest? Or any other form of 3D software? I did a search and didn't come up with much. Most recent was back in 2010, and not the detail I was looking for.

Anyhow, I've been working on one for a month or so now. Have made some good progress. My main purpose is to experiment with suspension modifications, engine & transmission placement, etc.

I'll post some pics of what I have so far when I get home this evening.

I actually teach a course in 3ds Max, which is why your title caught my eye. I don't know of anyone that's created a Quest in Max, or have ever come across one for that matter. It would be cool though. I think a few years back there was a thread like this on here were someone had made one in Google SketchUp, but I can't remember, I might be confusing that w/ one my Eclipse forums.

I just did a quick search in the SketchUp on-line library and didn't see one ...

Yeah, I found the SketchUp model you are refering to earlier today. Like I said, not nearly the detail I was looking for. I'm looking for Nut-n-Bolt detail, if you know what I mean.

I will be sure to post up some pics this evening, let me know what you think.

Theres nothing too detailed out there. I've been building this one for a while, it was extracted from Forza and seems to be very accurate. I have my cage (the exact one in my car) also in the model. I'm going to build some parts from this and see how they fit

. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/car_zpsfe37af48.jpg

Edited by Convette

Yeah, that's where I got my base model from. The shell is as accurate as it gets, but the undercarriage leaves something to be desired. I've been making the doors, hatch hinge-able, building a real floorboard and frame-rails, etc...

Got some more done to the Rear Suspension and Sub-Frame assembly this weekend. Need to go back and make some adjustments to the Control Arms. The proportions a off still. Will work on that this week coming in the evenings. Also need to make the spindles and Axles.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa398/dhollin73/3ds%20Max%20Conquest/3dsMax_6.png

• 2 weeks later...
You guys never stop amazing me...... just think, if the game / game systems companies would get off there lazy buts you would have exactly what you are looking for right from Forza. IE I want them to go to onboad physics to where everthing used in the enviroment would need to be programed with physical properties down to it's smalled part. This is also the hold up on them doing it as it will extend developemnt and programing time 10-100 fold at best guesses now.

• 1 month later...

Update...

Now that I have a better understanding of scaling in 3ds max, I've been refining the rear suspension; taking measurements, adjusting the model, more measurements, etc.

Here are a few pics of the almost completed rear suspension.