Windows 7 home edition

DieHARDmitsu.

So my main tuning laptop took a dump. Its a Toshiba satellite with Windows 7 home edition.

I got a "disk read error" "Press control +Alt+ delete to restart; it goes into this loop over and over.

I bought a new hard drive and tried installing windows 7 professional; a disc i got from someone. Windows 7 pro. installed but no drivers or internet access available.

Can someone help a bruther out? :(

It sounds like windows is installed. so he needs drivers, not software.

on a different computer, go to the manufacturer of the laptops website, and download the drivers. they are free.

If they only show windows 7 home for downloads, that is fine, as long as it is windows 7, the version is not important, but 32bit or 64bit is.

Edited by button

wow you can't use the generic Win 7 drivers? They might not be "the best" but they typically work on most everything. Another reason to hate Toshiba..... my coz toshiba laptop gave me a bunch of problems like that, ended up just droping XP on it.

Did you make your recovery disk when you got it? Might be able to get drivers needed from there. Or if you can figure out your network card adapter maker (ether wireless or wired depending on what your using) you might also be able to get needed driver from them.

Edited by jszucs

I'm not familiar with "transmission or BitTorrent" programs.

There's no way to get the drivers online cuz the network drivers are missing which mean I can't connect to the internet.

I don't have the original Boot or driver CDs for this laptop.

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.

I'm not familiar with "transmission or BitTorrent" programs.

There's no way to get the drivers online cuz the network drivers are missing which mean I can't connect to the internet.

I don't have the original Boot or driver CDs for this laptop.

use another PC to find drivers on the intrawebs.... you obviously have some type of connection to be typing on here. Put drivers on USB drive, thumb drive, CD, DVD, ECT and put on PC that can't coonect.

IS it just wireless or wired and wireless? Do you have a cable modem that can be setup USB conected to PC?

Not having origional disk and the recovery disk your instructed to make is a MAJOR no no especilay with the compact HP Dell type PC's

Not having origional disk and the recovery disk your instructed to make is a MAJOR no no especilay with the compact HP Dell type PC's

No joke.

Laptops used to come with a recovery disk, not anymore. Making one is the first thing I did with my lappy. Now I don't have to worry if it crashes.

No joke.

Laptops used to come with a recovery disk, not anymore. Making one is the first thing I did with my lappy. Now I don't have to worry if it crashes.

Yeah another good idea is to update everything you can right off the bat, get everything stable and make an image. Most have moved to putting a "specail" partition on the drive that houses the recovery stuff. And almost all that do that offer an image / backup option as well. It's even better if that image fits on a DVD or external drive ECT. Make it real easy to recover and then you don't have to start updating from scratch and reboot like 20 times.

My Toshiba 7 gave trouble from the git go. When it restarted after a crash the wireless would not work either. The quick fix was take the battery out. Than it would miraculous find windows again as well as the internet. For a little while. It eventually turned to total junk. Toshiba wants 250 to 400 to fix it. T-man said he would give it a shot for $40.

It sucks that Computers don't even come with backup software anymore. My all in one HP desktop is a few weeks old. It only came with a keyboard and mouse...not even a proper booklet.

As for the Toshiba laptop, I tried downloading the drivers, burned them to a disc then installed them but not change. I think there was some sort of conflict. Wrong drivers, dun no? Will try again

It sucks that Computers don't even come with backup software anymore. My all in one HP desktop is a few weeks old. It only came with a keyboard and mouse...not even a proper booklet.

As for the Toshiba laptop, I tried downloading the drivers, burned them to a disc then installed them but not change. I think there was some sort of conflict. Wrong drivers, dun no? Will try again

You PC did come with backup software. It's more then likely on a hiden partition on the drive. You as the user would need to make a backup image / recovery disk. Do it ASAP before you go loading a tone of stuff, so you have an image of where the PC was when new.