DDVD to audio program.

vbrad511

I know I've asked this before, but I can't seem to find the thread, but I've got a handful of concert dvd's I'd like to be able to rip by track and convert to mp3. I've got a converter to get to mp3, but I don't know what program to use to rip the individual songs from the dvd. Any suggestions? And free is king.

I've tried that one. Cant seem to separate the individual tracks, just the segments of the disc. Am I missing something?

No your not missing anything. Tracks on a DVD are not writen like you are thinking. It's nothing like a CD ECT. It's actuly the way DVD's use to get copied when copying first became possible of DVD's you had to strip the audio and then sync it up with the video. IT was a major PITA. Anyways... one way to do it would be using something like Any DVD that will allow the DVD video and audio ripped to another format, then take MP3's from that format.

A better way would be to use a program to fully rip the DVD appart ( I think something like DVD X copy) in advaced mode would show you the true DVD structure and allow you to pick and choose what you want. But IIRC it's become illegal to even own DVD X Copy and they were forced to refuned everyone who bought it.

You could always do it the laymans way like we use to make mix tapes. IE play the DVD, and use audio program to record from PC audio chanel.

My guess is there is going to be a source of the songs you want somewhere on the net though.

Edited by jszucs

I've got a couple different dvds I want to rip like this, not all the songs are available online. As much as I don't like the idea of babysitting, I may breakdown and do it. I've got a standalone cd recorder that cuts nice clean copies. I can break it down from there if I have to.

Just though of something that might get R done for you. Try and get ahold of DVD Shrink. It use to be free and allowed you to see the whole DVD structure.

How about a different direction? How about a program that lets me separate or rip individual tracks from the dvd? I've got a program that'll convert the format to mps.

That's 1/2 your problem they are not exactly writen in "tracks" like your thinking. You need something that will allow you to see the whole DVD structure. Something like DVD shrink, I think even Nero (in advanced mode) will let you see the DVD structure as well.