fastest tbi starquest

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was after multiport. it was mid 13's on tbi. i think it was northshores or whatever, that ran high 11's on tbi and spray. other than that the fastest ones i know of are running 1/8mi and thats killaphil and dan_brew.

mine dynoed at 326hp,and 330 tq on a dynojet..

two secondaries,maft trans,60-1 garrett,22psi,93oct,stock cam,mech.roller rockers

hoping for much better numbers with a bigger cam,more boost w/110 oct. feul

mine dynoed at 326hp,and 330 tq on a dynojet..

two secondaries,maft trans,60-1 garrett,22psi,93oct,stock cam,mech.roller rockers

hoping for much better numbers with a bigger cam,more boost w/110 oct. feul

Is that right, with mismatched cam and rockers??? Doubt it.

Edited by phinko

its right brother,,,i do have the slip and possible a video,,with sqc members to verify

you can call them missed match" if you want,,,,i put a so-called roller cam in there

and was very dissatisfied,,put the stocker in there and right now im fairly satisfied

can get you any pics that you want,,with the junk "roller cam"sitting on the bench

running rollers on a stock cam only reduces duration. (shrinks the cam). If you did it power to you. I doubt it without spray. I hope you realize your claiming to have the most powerful 2 injector setup.

The two fastest TBI cars that I know of are right here in Dallas Fort Worth. Both of us are on 2 injectors and mine is still on stock injectors. Killaphil has run 8.30s 1/8th mile multiple times and low 13s in the 1/4 mile. I just made my fastest pass at the National meet in Branson with a 8.6

quikconq, I would like to see your dyno sheet. Not that I don't believe you, But why am I making more torque.

I am making 300 ft lbs of TQ by 2500 rpms

Theirs no link, It is not documented on the boards. Just ask your questions, maybe he will tell you what he has going on under the hood.

from his thread "MODS-18g,1gmas,3inch ex.,RFL BOV,marnel head,speed hut and faze gauges,short throw shifter,fidanza fly,ACT clutch,ST springs and sways"

just not sure if thats up to date or not

from his thread "MODS-18g,1gmas,3inch ex.,RFL BOV,marnel head,speed hut and faze gauges,short throw shifter,fidanza fly,ACT clutch,ST springs and sways"

just not sure if thats up to date or not

18g, TB2r, 52mm Tb, Evo IC The rest of it is still the same.

18g, TB2r, 52mm Tb, Evo IC The rest of it is still the same.

Thats pretty much it. It will do 8.30 @ 87mph all day but if I could drive i think it would go faster. I have no problem shifting but i still seem to always get a 2.0 to 2.1 60ft. I got a 1.89 once and then I missed a gear. It was pretty upsetting. My dyno and track numbers are on pump gas 93oct and my boost was @ 20psi. Next time I go to the dyno it will be on race gas and 28psi.

how did you get your TQ number so high compared to your hp?

Stock cam and a quick spooling turbo probably have a lot to do with it. Forced Performance did a lot of work to the turbo when i had it converted to the 18g. One of the guys that used to work there told me what he could do and how much and I said do it. This car comes on strong very early. If you are waiting until after 3,000rpm's for your turbo to spool odds are the torque and hp numbers would be a lot closer. Look at Dan Brews dyno sheet and look where he starts making power. He makes all that torque at low rpms. Horsepower is great if you want to play with supras on the highway but if you are like me and you drive your car from stoplight to stoplight around town then you want torque. Dan brews car is less than 250hp and at the national meet he beat all but one of the mpi cars that ran down the 1/8th.