20 HP Gain Guaranteed

VICE

For all you with stock air cans, rip them off keep the metal plate to close your K&N filter with, re route a couple hoses and rip off that black sponge thing on the bottom too. Get 2 metal ducts from home depot and insert them to your air ram wrap them around and point them at your open filter. Guaranteed performance upgrade feels like 20 HP to me.. Ram air alone would be ideal to any set up.

http://lh6.google.com/VICEdOUT/R3V2ldobo3I/AAAAAAAAAMM/SHiPFIGag9c/s800/100_0022.JPG

http://lh4.google.com/VICEdOUT/R3V2x9obo4I/AAAAAAAAAMU/OCAo7rmOdcE/s800/100_0023.JPG

• Like 1

I remember someone saying to do the zip ties to keep them from inlfating and helping with spool. I never got a chance to try it. Did you see a difference?

Is that a upgraded horn i see?

If you could make a scoop for the exterior to look better it would be a nice upgrade. I don't care for the hoses sticking through the air Dam but a Air scoop behind the air dam would be nice...Still a decent mod.

I remember someone saying to do the zip ties to keep them from inlfating and helping with spool. I never got a chance to try it. Did you see a difference?

Is that a upgraded horn i see?

Hose clamps work much better, seeing as how they don't flex like zipties.

As for any kind of gain with ducting to an open element filter. Building a box that seals to the strut tower/wheel well area and hood would be much better. You'll see much more gains from an AHP over the stock rubber intake hose. I got my triple port(one large enough for the oil seperator line) 3" AHP for $20 off ebay(made for a 89 accord/prelude) and spent $40 or so on a 4-ply silicone Samco 3"-to-2" reducer coupler.

Depending on what you plan for the future, you can make it much better. Say, a MAF-T with a much smaller fliter so you can put it down where the charcoal canister used to be. That'll give you a much straighter shot for the fresh air ducting.

I dont think youll ever have a water issue with water coming up the hoses but i would suggest one thing. you can get small HVAC sheet metal ducts that you can paint black and fit behind your air dam. should clean that look up a little bit.

whats the extra heater hose jammed between your radiator and your IC pipe? also why so many ziptys on the IC pipes?

i would be kinda concerned with your mbc zip tyed to your turbo like that.

Hmm where to begin... The "Extra" heater hose jammed between my radiator and fan is just spacing them apart, the fan was hittin the radiator.. I doubt water would get in there unless im going max speed with rain pouring down... As far as the looks go, I don't really care for the moment, fresh air is getting to my turbo actually cooling down a bit through those ducts so strictly performance and valve cover area, oil pan breathing much better too... HATERS need not reply to ANY of my posts... I think the greatest gain is removing the black filter box and all that junk BUT I have noticed my car running MUCH cooler specially at night so Imma leave this "Custom Ram Air" in for a while.. I actually seen someone else do it thats where I got the idea so Im not gona take credit for it just wanted to advertise it.. I'm not sure if I notice a difference with the zip ties round the stock hoses, had them on there.. If I we're to just stick a cone filter on the bottom that would have greater chances of getting water in it I believe.. Oh and that is an upgraded horn from Auto Zone or one of those car places.. Comes with 2 just haven't hooked up the other one yet, the wires are stuck way down and under all that junk I'll get to it later.. :P

WHOA!!!!! Slow down. 325?!!? Sorry, im not calling BS but im calling your off on numbers. Torque will make you think you have hp. Especialy a 19c that kicks hard. Dyno graph or im not buying 325.

I beat my friends 350z that had exhaust when i had everything i have now just without MPI. I know i was no where near 325.

WHOA!!!!! Slow down. 325?!!? Sorry, im not calling BS but im calling your off on numbers. Torque will make you think you have hp. Especialy a 19c that kicks hard. Dyno graph or im not buying 325.

I beat my friends 350z that had exhaust when i had everything i have now just without MPI. I know i was no where near 325.

You don't have that much engine work done.

BS on 300. All you have that helps is PP, turbo, exhaust, intake and fuel. Not 300. BS until you dyno.

Hate? lol. I know i only had like 230 HP and i was beating 350Zs. Your claiming 325 and are only talking about beating a G35. LAME.