New Bolt on Big Brake Kit in the Works

Would you be interested in buying something like this?  

53 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

whats up guys, matt's workin on something you guys might like. It's a bolt on big brake conversion kit. I took these pics tonight, check out the rotor size.

http://cinmotorsports.com/checkyoself/brakeone.jpg

http://cinmotorsports.com/checkyoself/braketwo.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown Vic rotors and Cobra calipers? I can't see the pics but I'm assuming. I wouldn't want the Rotors and Calipers. I would just want the hardware to mount the caliper. I can source my rotors and calipers.

Crown Vic rotors and Cobra calipers? I can't see the pics but I'm assuming. I wouldn't want the Rotors and Calipers. I would just want the hardware to mount the caliper. I can source my rotors and calipers.

It's not either, but good try. This will be a direct bolt on, no fabrication or extra hardware, just a plug and go type deal. Ill show you more pics soon. Thanks

Here is some more pics of the calipers side-by-side.

http://cinmotorsports.com/checkyoself/bigbrakes1.jpg

When trying to sell a big brake kit, it might help to know the difference between a caliper and a rotor. ;)

I answered Maybe, because I'm a college student in my final year. so come next year when/if I land a steady job, I'll be Very intersted in this.

Keep us updated on the progress.

Also are the Calipers larger and/or more # of pistons? If so, what do you have in mind for a larger master cylinder so the pedal isn't mushy (the issue with the other big brake kit available in the US)?

BTW, Thanks for sharing this with us

Derek

The purpose of this poll was to see how much interest there would be in an affordable big brake kit. As Exorcized stated, this would be a bolt on kit, that will come in stages. For example: A "stage 1" kit will include a larger rotor using a stock caliper relocation bracket. A "stage 2" kit would be a caliper upgrade w/ the "stage 1" components.

I hear a lot of members complaining about the braking system for our cars and no affordable kit has come out, so to all those who would be interested, please vote. The rotors are custom made to fit our cars, not just taken off another vehicle, so we need to know if it is worth our time to fabricate an inexpensive brake kit.

What exactly is custom about that old used rotor? Or is it a secret?

Most of us are DIY types (and cheap) so a bracket with instructions so we can source our own parts (J/Y or ebay crossdrilled etc) would sell better that a complete exspensive kit, IMO.

What exactly is custom about that old used rotor?

That is the rotor we are using to show the size difference over the stock one.

You would save more money if you just used crown vic rotors.

Yes, but have I mentioned that the rotors we are going to be using are Brembo's and they will be the largest rotors ever using the stock rims. They are also only a pound heavier even though the diameter has increased almost an inch and a half.

Custom rotors FTL. Where am i suppoed to get them in 5 years? Best thing is parts off another car so we can source them our selves.

are these going to be DOT approved?

what size wheels will be required .

Yes, they are DOT approved and will fit inside our stock wheels.

We just got in a set of new rotors so give us a couple of days to finish the kit and I will post all the info and answer any questions. At the moment, we are busy getting these intercooler kits boxed up and shipped out.

This will be a direct bolt on, no fabrication or extra hardware, just a plug and go type deal.

Not even to mount the calipers? :shock:

Correct, however there will be a core charge on the factory caliper, which will be refunded upon arrival of them.

Custom rotors FTL. Where am i suppoed to get them in 5 years? Best thing is parts off another car so we can source them our selves.

We don't plan on going anywhere, besides, we will make sure you are able to get new rotors with ease should you need to replace them