California NEWB

Calquest

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike and I hail from Simi Valley, a little north of LA. I have owned a 1988 Conquest TSi since summer and can firmly say that I am addicted. The car and I have had our ups and downs but i love it - and have been learning a LOT!

Been lurking around the forums since then and I want to thank all of you who have contributed to this site - your knowledge and expertise has been utilized many times with my car.

Excited to be part of the Community!

post-25978-0-96124900-1390432735_thumb.jpg

Flag meh down if it has red wheel trim as well

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b519/Calquest/20130819_190634_zpsa59affd7.jpg

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b519/Calquest/20130819_190525_zpsdbbd5e4c.jpg

After carwash shots are the best...

You might actually be one of the red ones I saw. Do you have starion or conquest taillights? I saw one on the 101 freeway going north near woodland hills with the rear spoiler painted black like yours and an aftermarket muffler. Sounded nice.

Welcome. the best thing to do is go through all the connections - Terminal end connectors and clean them all!

die electric grease them up and your going to eliminate a lot of problems. do all the ones around the battery.

then check the fuel injector connectors one at a time so you do not mix them up. they always need a cleaning.

Ayyrocky - may have been me, I have factory exhaust though - still sounds nice. Was looking at aquiring aftermarket and going with HKS LET-M01 if the factory muffler finally degrades and can get my hands on a M01. Any thoughts?

Importwarrior - I would not have heeded the advice you gave as heavily as I do now AFTER I cleaned, resurfaced and lightly greased (dielectric) all grounds and connections. Ordered new fusibles from engine machine service as well (awesome folks). The difference was night and day and honestly felt like I was driving a different car. I now feel like the significance of clean electrical connections in these cars can not be stressed enough.

I'm in LA as well, might have been me, but my car is currently being converted to MPI. I have the HKS catback and I think it sounds very good, but its the only exhaust I've ever had so I can't compare it to others. I'm running a Mitsubishi OEM 2 1/2 inch resonator with it too so its really smooth almost like a 2.6 inline 6 cylinder. Btw all of us here in california should have a meet sometime in this summer it would be cool to see a few starquests together since they are so rare these days... What do you guys think?

I'm in LA as well, might have been me, but my car is currently being converted to MPI. I have the HKS catback and I think it sounds very good, but its the only exhaust I've ever had so I can't compare it to others. I'm running a Mitsubishi OEM 2 1/2 inch resonator with it too so its really smooth almost like a 2.6 inline 6 cylinder. Btw all of us here in california should have a meet sometime in this summer it would be cool to see a few starquests together since they are so rare these days... What do you guys think?

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133005&hl=

But I haven't been to successful lol

Im down in costa mesa but I go to meets up in the LA canyons quite reguarly. Gotta get stallionproject86 and yourself to one of em for a cruise.

I'm 100% behind that idea gentlemen.

http://www.starquest...opic=133005&hl=

Sucks that the first attempt fell through, hope interest comes back and it gets off the ground! Sounds fun!

Edited by Calquest

Ayyrocky - may have been me, I have factory exhaust though - still sounds nice. Was looking at aquiring aftermarket and going with HKS LET-M01 if the factory muffler finally degrades and can get my hands on a M01. Any thoughts?

To be honest I've only ran the stock exhaust so far and haven't heard any starquests in person with an hks exhaust so I can't really give an opinion on how it sounds with it. But from what I've read on here they are good and have a nice deep tone that isn't too loud.

http://www.starquest...opic=133005&hl=

When it comes to meets it seems like the SoCal area is dead. I know there's a handful of us down here but I guess it's just a matter of planning. I wouldn't want to wait until MOD to see a bunch of starquests again.

To be honest I've only ran the stock exhaust so far and haven't heard any starquests in person with an hks exhaust so I can't really give an opinion on how it sounds with it. But from what I've read on here they are good and have a nice deep tone that isn't too loud.

Here's your answer

• Like 1

Damn that sounds clean.

..watched the canyon run twice - getting itchy palms.

I'm sold! hah

Amazon for 391 no tax w/shipping.. 10 in stock!? .. . . . . . .

http://www.amazon.com/HKS-LET-M01-Turbo-Exhaust/dp/B000AUQYYG