• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 seb

seb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:27 AM

Has anybody got a drawing of all internal components of the ecu? Or know where i might be able to find one?

Basically having ecu troubles, one of my ecu's is not giving out an ignition pulse, (checked all other componentd etc)

I can get my ecu repaired but need to know what each components function inside is

Thanks for any help

#2 pcristquester

pcristquester

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, Starquests and other unique cars. IPA and IIPA
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:45 AM

Good used ones are cheap on here if you post on wanted items
Posted Image

#3 scott87star

scott87star

Technically Challenged, Daily.

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts
  • Interests:Freezing, thawing, thunderstorms and constant wind.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:25 PM

Ah, the ECU does not put out an ignition pulse, it receives one from the coil.  The distributor/knock box/coil control ignition.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

ECU Vendor link:  http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

#4 seb

seb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:33 AM

View Postpcristquester, on 17 July 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Good used ones are cheap on here if you post on wanted items

I'm in the UK and my car is a 2.0, i have sourced a replacement ecu from a guy on the UK owners club, just waiting to get it posted across. However i would like to repair my ecu and not just bin it, cheers

#5 seb

seb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:43 AM

View Postscott87star, on 17 July 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

Ah, the ECU does not put out an ignition pulse, it receives one from the coil.  The distributor/knock box/coil control ignition.

Basically my car broke down, would not start as the injectors stopped firing, i put an LED in the diagnostics port and it gave me code 2- ignition pulse. The fuel pump was delivering fuel, there was a spark going to the plugs, the tach needle was bouncing, car started momentarily on easy start. Tried a different knockbox- no different. Switched to another ecu (one that will run the car but is hard to start with as it appears to not adjust the isc servo correctly for starting) and managed to start the car. So that tells me there is something within the ecu not gettting the igntion pulse through?

My other ecu which is creating a hard start but will run, gives codes 3 & 4, would like to know what all the components do inside the ecu if possible

#6 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:30 PM

Whats the part number of ECU.......??(on side of ECU ) I have 4-5 that I dont know what year they go TOO.........maybe 1 is the one U need........??    the manuals don t even have the workings of ECU.....I took apart a  87 that went bad and U could see the burned dieodes.......2  of them..........does your passenger side leak water on ECU?? If drains get plugged it over flows to wire LOOM and right down to ECU connector plug and shorts them out.............put water on cowls and see if water shows up at ECU location ,,before U put a new one IN.....................IMO

Edited by markhansenconquest, 18 July 2019 - 06:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users