why???

Steph_tsi

Someone help you what? Its to weed out the spam in the majority of the forums from people who sign up, log in once or twice and make some random post then never return. Im not saying your in that same boat, just explaining why that rule is in place. Id suggest you spend a few weeks reading and posting thoughtful relevant posts in the sections you can post in and work towards fully joining the community :)

Allen

If you had 4 new people that didn't know what they were doing and another came in and asked a question and there were 4 wrong answers and that was happening all the time. How long do you think it would take to clean that up and not leave it there forever and someone come in and read it a year later and think it was correct? That's why there's a new member forum to ask in and you can ask the same questions you just can't comment in the others for awhile. It may be limiting your ability to help out but I believe you can still send private messages if your're just dying to comment.

The 50 post requirement and the Newbie sections are something that is fairly new to the site (a few months). It was done to cut down on the "spamming" of the same questions over and over, and the posting of wrong advice in the tech sections. Yes, we restricted the posting abilities in some of the sections, but in return a new section was added where the new members of the site could post any and all questions they wanted. The restriction allows the new members a chance to get to know how the site is ran, learn how the search function works and get to know some of the other members. It may be a pain at first, but in return, I feel that the site gains a better over all quality of membership.

Keep in mind that the Non-tech/off topic sections are not restricted. There are some members here that could easily hit 50 posts in a couple days, by posting in those sections alone.

Could be like other forums, i was on one trying to sell some things and had to have a certain number of post. so i went about the day posting comments on builds and things and got my post count up in a few days.. then they banned me. what for, post w****** is what it said lol... never went back Edited by JAinsworth

Not sure but, can u post in for sale sections as a newbie? Doesn't make sense if that's the case..... Believe Erin said that in chat the other day.

Chad-

you can post in the entire newbie section and other places like cars for sale parts that whole topic place.

I'm trying to lol. I really want her bad. And what you riding with?

I DD my quest and working on my VW with a rotary swap. But the quest, its an 86, MPI, 550cc inj., cosworth 65mm TB, custom fab. intake, Emerald K6 ECU, bigger IC, 50mm BOV, Remote waste gate, 3" exhaust, and a t40B/t3 hybrid turbo. .63 a/r (N trim). If i forgot something...itll be in my sig. lol. Does ur SQ have any mods to it?

I DD my quest and working on my VW with a rotary swap. But the quest, its an 86, MPI, 550cc inj., cosworth 65mm TB, custom fab. intake, Emerald K6 ECU, bigger IC, 50mm BOV, Remote waste gate, 3" exhaust, and a t40B/t3 hybrid turbo. .63 a/r (N trim). If i forgot something...itll be in my sig. lol. Does ur SQ have any mods to it?

Only thing is a 3 in or 4 in exhaust thats it. Other than that bone stock! I really want to drop the 2jz in it I have always likes the supras. You plan on swap with your SQ? And the vw rotary sounds very nasty( good thing) but to in out my two cents. Maintance is everything when it comes to those engines. Make sure you stay on top of everything. But you going 20b or 16b?

lol 12a!

no cutting up here. I wanted to keep the bug completely intact :) But when its done, (wiring process now), it'll be pushing about 400 to the wheels. So that means i need a tranny, and thats a lot of money right now. so its kinda on hold while i finish the SQ. and no, i don't plan to swap out the motor. Ive was thinking about the 4g63 but its too much work.

I love those 1jz and 2jz's, but i don't think i would do the swap. it isn't mitsu anymore. thats like planting a Chevy 350 in a mustang. just isn't right. or like in tokyo drift....skyline engine in a mustang...ugh