03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:33 AM

I am running one of chads intakes and was wondering what are people that are running the same ...doing for there gauge temp sensor... those are 3/8 standard thread, but I have tried some that will thread in with the single spade connector... but the gauge does not work with them installed. Any help will be appreciated,
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#2 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

I was dealing with this a while back found on adapter that your stock gauge screws into and then that adapter screws into the 3/8 npt.
I will see if I can find that adapter part number for you
Its 3/8 male npt  to M161.5 female   stock dash temp gage is m161.5  not bspt like the one for the ecu. Use some high temp thread sealer when installing. Enjoy

Dash temp gage adapter https://imgur.com/a/zcSvH6A

Edited by croquest87, 22 July 2019 - 01:11 PM.

#3 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:27 AM

Thanks croquest...do you know if the gauge temp sensor is the small one...smaller in size than the two spade sensor and the other bigger single spade sensor. this is what I was given at the auto parts store when I gave then the mitsubishi number for the gauge sensor. That  would be great if you could find the part number for the adapter....did you use the yellow wire with a green stripe as the engine temp sensor wire,,,just checking to make sure I have the correct one.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#4 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

It's the single spade larger sensor  w m161.5 threads. If you compare it to the one for the ecu. One for the ecu has l believe 3/8 bspt threads and the one for your gage on dash has M161.5  threads. You should see the difference just look close. I gave you link above in blue for the adapter.

#5 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:55 PM

Great info c.f. croquest...was your sensor wire the yellow with green stripe...my car is an 87. The fsm..is for 88, not sure if that matters.

#6 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 04:03 AM

I will take a look and get back to you. It's been a while since l messed w wiring. My car is 87 so it should be same as yours.

#7 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

thank you sir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users