Ecumaster det3 piggyback, first hand knowledge anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Has anyone tryed out the ecumaster det3
It's much like the maf pro but smaller packing lots of features for the price..

#2 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

I think you'd be better off getting a stand-alone

#3 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

What options most interest you? Have you looked at the Megasquirt Micro? I'm not trying to say you shouldn't go that route, but I can say for certain you will find help easily with Megasquirt stuff.

https://www.diyautot...wiring-harness/

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#4 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

Oh I know there is many options one could do to make it easy. But then. What that piggy back is actually capable of is far more then what you assume it is.

Hook up to stock maf let it make a ve map up to stock limits of afm.. Run one of the two pwm outputs to run stock injectors. And converting to map / iat sensor removing maf and then modify stock graph for ve conversion clamping afm volts and having complete control of fuel. Along with datalogging and a few other features. It's all customizable outout/input configs real-time logging. Etc etc

I have a bad habit of trying to do more for less and like weird projects.

#5 jinx

jinx

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

piggybacks all evolve, with each iteration upstaging the previous: SAFC, emanage, FIC etc..
Go for it, since you're obviously sold on the det3. I'm sure it'll serve u well
I have buddy 240sx swap, stock 1JZ = precision 62 + SAFC go 6.8sec in the 1/8th. Pulled pretty hard to me

Seen a lot of stock toyota ecus damaged by capacitors tho. Didn't realize how bad it was til my fwd corolla ecu failed
Seems to be a chronic problem (like DSMs or worse!). Seen a few JZ ecus fail also. 1UZ forum have big threads on the subject too
...while starquest ecus last forever

Piggybacks served SQ well, as the 30+ year old oem electronics are still hanging around
Taken some street TBI starquests into the 12s...
On the other hand, a couple SQ with:  DSM mas, stock injectors, stock computer + NO piggyback went hi 12s also
Many upgraded to low cost standalones, for cost/value, support, newer electronics, far better tune, etc. Helluva deal imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users