Flat or wide diff measurement 7.5in or 8in????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hairyion

Hairyion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

I've searched, commented and found nothing so I'm flooding with a new post.

"I remember being told by so many all us diffs were 8. I'd love for someone to truely confirm an 84 or 83 lsd is actually a 7.5. If so, then that is the lsd to have to fit the fire arrow, or challenger/sapporo/scorpion/lambda  rear end."

This is from a flat body post and it is EXACTLY the info I need to acquire. Not getting any help from the Sigma-Galant page on exactly what sizes of my current '83 Plymouth Sapporo are either. I read a bunch of 8 bolt and 10 bolt junk but it's a little hard to decipher what those guys across the pond are saying sometimes.

Pretty sure I have a 7.5in 10 bolt solid axle rear end and MAYBE older (flat body or pre 88-89? idk?) LSD can fit in the housing no problem.  Bottom line is that I want to put an lsd in my Sapporo this winter.

#2 button

button

Rest dummy with dial indicator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:28 PM

I was wondering the same thing for my Arrow and Colt, but I've never got a good answer from anyone about what "model" the rearend is, or any real specifics.
It's working fine, so I'm not about to tear into it and open up another project. :lol:
-Jay

#3 Hairyion

Hairyion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

Are you on the Sigma-galant forum?

View Postbutton, on 28 November 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

I was wondering the same thing for my Arrow and Colt, but I've never got a good answer from anyone about what "model" the rearend is, or any real specifics.
It's working fine, so I'm not about to tear into it and open up another project. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users