Ray Gun?

Laodicea

This is interesting, and I like the conversation so far. You guys are completly aware of the ability of this machine to take away freedom. But you also see the good that can come from it.

Then again, if I was in a protesting crowd and The Man shot me, I'd rather it be from that than anything else, a tazer, rubber bullet gun, or pepper spray. That radio gun lets you get out of the way and skirt the perimiter and ambush the truck from behind, all while your buddies are diverting the operator's and scout's attention! bwhaha! I have it beat already.

Or, we should all just start carying EMP machines around.

^^ lol - the machine was actually on Future Weapons on the Discovery Channel. The host who test things did NOT like getting shot at by that thing. He described it as the most uncomfortable burning sensation he had ever felt. Not painful, but enough that it would deter him from wanting to do anything else but to get out of it.

how can one say that a device was created to take away freedom? Yes, you may have the right to PEACEFUL protest, but everyone also has the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. This includes getting your hippie tails out of the street so that I can make it to work or to a store or wherever. While I agree that the implementation would require a LOT of training to ensure proper effectiveness without harming someone for life It's still a lot better than bean bags, rubber bullets and wood blocks which can cause internal injuries more consistently. Here's food for thought. There's a flashlight out that causes nausea and vomiting because of the light spectrum it uses.

the atom boom was create'd to stop a war,, look at what happen'd with that

all tools have more then one use ,,depends on the user what it does good or bad

when were you last in or involve'd in a riot

people cry and cry about the development of non-lethal weaponry and then when something viable is created they piss and moan about that too. Do you just want to take my guns away too?

last involvement in a riot for me was 3 years ago...and we didn't use non lethal weaponry...we used nothing and I almost lost 4 guys because of it.

people cry and cry about the development of non-lethal weaponry and then when something viable is created they piss and moan about that too. Do you just want to take my guns away too?

last involvement in a riot for me was 3 years ago...and we didn't use non lethal weaponry...we used nothing and I almost lost 4 guys because of it.

In all honesty you seem possibly confused between military and civilian issues. Am I missing something?