Its running!!

starion1991

Soooo...

I got everything hooked up on the starion, put new oil and filter, primed turbo...Then i fired it up after a good priming

So...it fired quickly...but right as it fired up it started smoking...no delay...right when it fired :shock: ...

Thats scaring me alot!!...should i worry about it??

My dads frend thinks its from all the un-burned oil that the blown turbo left in the manafold...im not shure though...

It is also kinda running rough...i think thats becaus the vac lines arent hooked up properly...previous owner deleted some stuff and it has lines unplugged..

I also drove it around the warehouses...not fast at all... it seemed ok, i did NOT get it into boost at all...

Let me know what you guys think...i hope its from all the oil left in the manafold...

Sounds like something for basic tech. :) Do you have some goofy roller rocker setup that chewed the valve seals up? are any return hoses to the oil pan or front timing cover not connected or tight? they could spray oil on the exhaust (usually only at high rpm while driving, but hey).

new turbos also smoke for a little while.. its all the coating baking off of them... suprised nobody said this yet lol
Leave it to the noob :D , just messin bro, thanks

yea today i fired it up and no smoke at all, just under boost and its alot less than the day before, its all the unburned oil the old turbo left, its burning em off