1jz swap help

yzrider

Hey guys. I got the engine and trans and interior all finished on my swap. Car starts up, idles, shifts and moves. It doesnt run strong and idles low so i suspect i have to set the tps and who knows what else. Thats not what I'm worried about yet.

I have a short somewhere in the car, when i hit the window switch it burns out the wires going to the fusible links under the hood. What could i possibly have done during the swap to upset the window circuit? I didnt touch anything in the door panel or the windows.

Any ideas? I rechecked everything i did, made sure all the connections were shrink wrapped and covered. Every thing is taped up and nothing obvious. I read a thread earlier where someone had the same issue after a motor swap. Must be something dumb!

with 1j's the idle the iac can be problematic, they stick sometimes after sitting for a while, you'll need to bypass it or clean it out. If it isn't running strong check for trouble codes, and make sure all 3 coils are getting power, they came off of a different branch of the wiring harness in my car, and also make sure your map is there. Also take the cover off of your ecu and make sure the capacitors are good. Other that all that do what you usually would on an ill running motor, check fuel pressure, spark plugs, o2 sensor, etc...

As far as the windows go, you don't have to mess with the wiring in the actual doors to mess with the power windows, it sounds like you messed with something in the chassis harness by mistake. Time to start checking all of your connections and examining the window circuit for faults, sounds like you may have cut into it by mistake. Time to get out the big book of wiring and start the fun of chasing wires!