Friday night racing videos

Convette

So 1st race, blonde chick, no plates, brand new porsche... She already beat me twice before this race. 100k vs 10k.:)

2nd race, mustang that I beat like 5 times before, dont know what happened to the supra...

3rd race, Still yet to beat a supra out here, pretty much all except for this one has over 700hp.

enjoy

Now before I make my comment I would like to point out that I respect you very much Convette... BUT, I just don't get this kind of video, not only is that dangerous but its impossible to see whats going on. I don't think I've ever seen one of these types of videos that I enjoyed watching not only because it simply didn't show anything of any value in my eyes but because all you see is blackness and some headlights.

That being said keep up all the great work you do on your car, you motivate a lot of people here including me to keep improving our cars.

Allen

Now before I make my comment I would like to point out that I respect you very much Convette... BUT, I just don't get this kind of video, not only is that dangerous but its impossible to see whats going on. I don't think I've ever seen one of these types of videos that I enjoyed watching not only because it simply didn't show anything of any value in my eyes but because all you see is blackness and some headlights.

That being said keep up all the great work you do on your car, you motivate a lot of people here including me to keep improving our cars.

Allen

Its cool man. I know its dangerous and bla bla, but this is what ppl do here. There must have been over 100 cars out that night, and every friday night for that matter. I honestly thought the video was pretty clear for a night shot.

ported 243 heads and a cam and you might have that supra....

i think itd take a turbo to beat the 911 lol

I know... I was all amped up to turbo it last month, but I think im going to build this motor soon. I NEED another 100hp.

Spray it, you Nancy...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. The great thing about nos is that is very reliable, relatively cheap to bolt on, proven to work and it's a riot to hit the button. I was reading up on the LS1 forums and know guys are running 150 shot reliably. Heck, it will handle 100 in it's sleep. And you don't need the extra power all the time. The car is still darn quick without the spray. You prolly can't hit the button until you get into third anyway cuz you will just roast the meats. Either way, it's a pretty inexpensive 100 HP and big fun. Wish I could throw it on the quest but I have heard nos and turbos don't work so well.

Spray it, you Nancy...

HaHa

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. The great thing about nos is that is very reliable, relatively cheap to bolt on, proven to work and it's a riot to hit the button. I was reading up on the LS1 forums and know guys are running 150 shot reliably. Heck, it will handle 100 in it's sleep. And you don't need the extra power all the time. The car is still darn quick without the spray. You prolly can't hit the button until you get into third anyway cuz you will just roast the meats. Either way, it's a pretty inexpensive 100 HP and big fun. Wish I could throw it on the quest but I have heard nos and turbos don't work so well.

I know.. I know.. We'll see what happeneds.

love seeing more quest out there representing. its heart breaking trying to look up our car on youtube to find something decent! love the ls

Thanks man.

It rained yesterday, and was way to cold out tonight. Heres some pics that were taken from last weekend.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/IMAG1531.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/IMAG1532.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/IMAG1533.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know... I was all amped up to turbo it last month, but I think im going to build this motor soon. I NEED another 100hp.

Ahhh so many options on that motor. A head and cam package for less than $1500 will put you into the 500HP range easy. Hardest part is choosing, LOL.!

I wish they had a GoPro with NightVision capability.

Ahhh so many options on that motor. A head and cam package for less than $1500 will put you into the 500HP range easy. Hardest part is choosing, LOL.!

I wish they had a GoPro with NightVision capability.

I know I know.. its just down time that I dont have. Every weekend is something race/show/ road trip.. So busy in the summer. And yes a night time gopro would this ish.

Or just headers, turbo and injectors, and a tune. DONE.

Yeah I had the turbo crave but I dont feel like making another set of headers right now.

I just got back from racing tonight, its honestly stupid how many cars I race on a weekly basis. For example this past week, Aston Vantage- made the dude feel bad.. m6, m1, z4m, 3 turbo neons, 5 f bodys, 3 new camaros, 2 vettes, about 6 mustangs... etc etc... I love my car. That said, straight line stuff is cool and all, but so skill-less. Yes you find out who's car is faster but it really only equates to who has deeper pockets. Like dude in the m6, nice car, dropped, HRE's, exhaust, tune.. cool... dudes got 100g's + in it, he should beat me (and did, 1/2 a car.. 2nd to top of 3rd roll). Its only money. Turns are where its at.

Son.

Edited by Convette

I just got back from racing tonight, its honestly stupid how many cars I race on a weekly basis. For example this past week, Aston Vantage- made the dude feel bad.. m6, m1, z4m, 3 turbo neons, 5 f bodys, 3 new camaros, 2 vettes, about 6 mustangs... etc etc... I love my car. That said, straight line stuff is cool and all, but so skill-less. Yes you find out who's car is faster but it really only equates to who has deeper pockets. Like dude in the m6, nice car, dropped, HRE's, exhaust, tune.. cool... dudes got 100g's + in it, he should beat me (and did, 1/2 a car.. 2nd to top of 3rd roll). Its only money. Turns are where its at.

Son.

Taking me back to the freeway days. I got tired of rolling drags too after a while, but of course I can't encourage racing in traffic.... (*cough cough, ahem) You've got a sick scene there, hasn't been something like that around here since the Avenue P and Hunt's Point days. These days I stick to the roads that run through the woods and hills... unless I'm in the Vette. ;)

Edited by Fuze

Yeah I mean I've never been one to be all for illegal street racing, but here its a way of life. Doesnt feel wrong cause thats what ppl do here. I sure am going to miss this. (moving next month) I will be focusing more on time attack rather than screwing around.

Yeah I mean I've never been one to be all for illegal street racing, but here its a way of life. Doesnt feel wrong cause thats what ppl do here. I sure am going to miss this. (moving next month) I will be focusing more on time attack rather than screwing around.

Way of life is it bro. If they don't street race in Detroit, somethings very wrong, lol.

Only age has mellowed me, we've got the Etown road course here and NJ motorsports park, a Formula 1 level track. Running on the street is free though, track days cost hundreds. Both are fun as hell but you know the deal. With your ride, I think time attack is inevitable and you'll find the weak points faster doing that. I'm still working on getting a garage for the year, then we'll see what rolls out of it!

peace bro