Wrecked 88 Mitsubishi starion

Ninjafred2120

I have what used to be a very pretty 88 starion. Rio red, all black leather. About 150k on the chassis and about 50k on the engine. Front end collison. Hood, radiator, drivers fender, drivers headlight and front bumper are history. Everything else is in great shape. Shp polished rims and 700 dollars worth of 6 month old goodyear rubber. Engine is untouched. 5 spd Trans shifts fine. Looking to see what I can get out of it. I want to sell it at a whole. Clean CA title. It's located in 95355. I'd like to get 3000 OBO for it. Would make a good project. You can text me for pics 913-963-9547
  • Like 1

3k for a smashed quest? Good luck with that.

I wasn't going to go there, but yes, the price is way high.

For frame of reference, I sold my 88 with frame damage for $850. The car was in spectacular shape before the accident, and I sold it with a complete set of louvers (hard to come by part). All things considered, I'd say you would be lucky to get $900 for it.

I payed 3k for mine mint with 75k on it all original. Be realistic. Your better off parting it. That's the only way you'll get anywhere near 3k for it.

And it will take forever to get near that amount, if he even does. Plus countless hours removing parts and even more time listing parts. Even more time answering to interested parties and not to mention all the time wasting flakes who will pretend to be interested buyers etc etc. Than the time meeting buyers to exchange money for parts or the time waster of prepping parts to ship them and actually shipping them. Not to mention the flakes who will cancel the purchase after you have prepped and packaged the parts for sale.

I've been down this road with StarQuest parts and parting cars. Only things that every one wants is #1 airdam #2, 83 hoods, #3 turbos. Good luck trying to sell everything else.

To me, my time is more valuable than that. I would slap a price on that junker to get it out of my hands and not waste any more time with it. But thats just me.

• 8 months later...

hey buddy if you still have this car in hand i would be after a few parts, fristly im after all four rubber nobs that the bonnet rest on the rail where bonnet latch locks in, and do you still have the driver and passenger steel black window trims for both sides of the window?and last of all the rear speaker tray which the rear hatch struts mount onto? cheers bryan