steering more right than left

860QuestTuner

During my restore I replaced all steering parts including rebuilding steering box and pump. I lined everything back up from scratch and did an alignment. When I installed the box it was centered. So now steering is the same amount left to right and all was good. Well after driving my buddys 88 tsi I noticed it steered more right than left . Then I realized its probably do to tight right turns. My car is almost back together and was wondering if anybody thinks it will be a problem? Car is a autocross/street car. I think my evo 9 is the same way but don't drive it often and forget to check. Would like to hear opinions

What do you mean? Are you saying the steering wheel has more travel? In that case the steering wheel probable got re clocked a couple teeth off.

Or are you saying the wheels and tires have a different steering angle on left or right turns?

Saying the stock quest I drove recently had more turns with steering wheel to right than left. The quest I put together has the equal steering left to right . I was told cars are suppose to steer more to right because of tighter right turns like making a right turn at an intersection as apposed to a left turn. I had never heard this before and was wondering if it had any truth . When got out of work today I drove my evo and it was equal turns left to right. I checked the service manual and didn't mention any thing about how many turns left to right.

That is not right. So either the pitman arm is installed wrong or the steering wheel got "restabbed" in the wrong position. Probably by an alignment shop. Seen it before :(

Put the steering wheel straight and look under the car. The idler arm and pitman arm should be at 90 degree angels to the center link.

I didn't think it was right. I had an alignment shop tell me this right turn thing probably because they couldn't adjust the steering right. Mine is perfect . I been working on cars for a while and had some certs but this guy had me 2nd guessing because it seemed plausible. Well now I will have to realign my buddy's quest myself or tell him to take it some where else. Thanks guys.