holy chit!

Star_V8_Quest

enough is enough already....I am sick & tired of paying these morons!!!!!!!!!!! If they get this I will personally walk into chevy and I will demand my portion of tax off the cost of the vehicle....its only fair right???

Stinkin lousy useless bums!!!!!!!!

Did a little "back of the napkin" math and, based on the debit they will have after all those workers loose their jobs, GM will owe around $250K per employee. I'd love to know if any company that size has ever come back after having that much debit. I doubt it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3520/3288670851_bb6cee8082.jpg

I kind of feel like the bailouts are getting a little rediculous. Yes i know innocent honest people will lose their jobs. But enough is enough. Poor management has brought them here, and if you make your bed, you gotta lay in it...

Again, easy for you to say, but for those of us living in the Auto City, it's a whole different story than what the media puts out. Plus the fact that if they tank, Detroit will tank, almost everyone here has some sort of relation to the Auto Industry.

Again, easy for you to say, but for those of us living in the Auto City, it's a whole different story than what the media puts out. Plus the fact that if they tank, Detroit will tank, almost everyone here has some sort of relation to the Auto Industry.

You can come down south and plant corn with me and my cousin? :D

j/k dave

If the economy can not support the company, that should tell us that it is not successful and it will have to collapse. Any type of bail-out is only going to prolong that fact.

How long would you expect our economy to hold up if we keep giving bail-outs to all the jobs/companies that have become obsolete?

I understand that many will be unemployed and it will hurt many places, but it will happen eventually with or without the bail-out.

i paid 40k in payroll taxes with the current "reduced tax rate" ..... i am scared to death of what will happen in the next 18 months. To sustain an economy you need the folks with cash to spend it. When we stop spending the downward slope will become a cliff.

i just dont understand why a guy like me that works 50 to 60 hrs a week to bring home 600 a wk.then pay 175 a wk child support to an ex that wont work should have to bail out a company so the union guys can earn60 to 80 bucks an hr for pushing a button every five minutes.the only thing i can say is i never lost the first dime on my 401 k.thats because i dont have one.if youre makin that kind of money and dont have any put back,somethings wrong.we are living in a time when everyone is bled dry.i spend just about all my check every week so im doing my part to help the economy.ive tried to buy american but its hard when you can buy a pair of boots from china for 100 bucks and the same american boot is $189.im not the only one sending my money over seas.the stock holders are too and thats where the real money is .if the big three sold a car at good price people might buy it.the banks need a bailout too?please.why is it that the only people that qualify for a handout is the ones that had it made and pissed it away?

i just dont understand why a guy like me that works 50 to 60 hrs a week to bring home 600 a wk.then pay 175 a wk child support to an ex that wont work should have to bail out a company so the union guys can earn60 to 80 bucks an hr for pushing a button every five minutes.the only thing i can say is i never lost the first dime on my 401 k.thats because i dont have one.if youre makin that kind of money and dont have any put back,somethings wrong.we are living in a time when everyone is bled dry.i spend just about all my check every week so im doing my part to help the economy.ive tried to buy american but its hard when you can buy a pair of boots from china for 100 bucks and the same american boot is $189.im not the only one sending my money over seas.the stock holders are too and thats where the real money is .if the big three sold a car at good price people might buy it.the banks need a bailout too?please.why is it that the only people that qualify for a handout is the ones that had it made and pissed it away?

Amen and your scenario can be just like any one else on here by just changing a few things. I'm a small company- 4 employees, I have been in business myself for 20 years ( this June). I now pay approx 400.00 per month per employee for health insurance alone. Never a layoff, I still have one employee that started with me 20 years ago. I have weathered many storms. I see another bit of tuff times ahead, but where is my bailout money????? I don't expect any money to be coming from uncle sam either.

Just have to raise prices of parts I guess :eek1bluegreen: JK

It will be an interesting year.

Dad

Amen and your scenario can be just like any one else on here by just changing a few things. I'm a small company- 4 employees, I have been in business myself for 20 years ( this June). I now pay approx 400.00 per month per employee for health insurance alone. Never a layoff, I still have one employee that started with me 20 years ago. I have weathered many storms. I see another bit of tuff times ahead, but where is my bailout money????? I don't expect any money to be coming from uncle sam either.

Just have to raise prices of parts I guess :eek1bluegreen: JK

It will be an interesting year.

Dad

Your Right!!!! Small industry is whats the lifes blood of this country. Neighbor helping neighbor....These big wigs couldn't give 2 crapps about anyone but themselves...

Give our money back to us and let we the people decide how to spend it.

If Randy's shop had a poor business plan and failed Obama wouldn't care..But if the big companies waste the wealth they recieved and pi$$ed it away not our issue....Shouldv'e had a better business plan guys....Let them fall I say someone with a better direction will replace them..I am tired of our good money going after there bad money....

If General Motors would have started years ago building cars that Americans wanted to buy, and their workers received a fair wage ($100.00 per hour) is not fair. They wouldn't be in the situation they are in now. So, I personally don't feel the need to give them my hard earned tax dollars anymore.

CALIBER 308

i remember back in the mid 80s you could buy a toyota 4x4 for like 6 or 7 grand without the bumpers now its around 20 grand?they say the cost of living goes up about 5% every year but i get a 3% raise.now for the next 3 to 4 yrs at least i dont get that.how am i supposed to keep up?.ive watched gas go up,food,electric,the price of cars.everything keeps going up except my check.dont get me wrong,im glad im still getting one but i get so tired of government saying we should spend more when them and the big corps have taken everything already.when you consider how much of your check goes out just to survive,theres not much left to boost the economy.Dad i dont know how you can afford to pay that for ins.and to be honest it probably doesnt pay that good either.my company pays around 400 a month too+47 bucks a wk from me. thats about 600 a month and they paid 14 cents on an 80 doller prescription last week and about 50 bucks at the doctor.now tell me theyre not making a killing, Edited by tim si

^ Trust me, the cost of living rising is more prevalent at the bottom of the scale too. I don't make sh!t for beans, even with two jobs, and I can't afford much of anything anymore. Just wish I still had my job at the auto auction, I was making a genuine living off those checks.

Please. Guys doesn't anyone actually check things out for themselves? The $70 per hour auto worker TALKING POINT was disproved months ago. Even so, labor took that hit the last time we had this discussion.

Potheads and your short term memory.

Yes it would be a probelm if it were true. It simply isn't.