• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 88351wtsi

88351wtsi

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Interests:My kids, music, and cars, not always in that order.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

This connector is by the relay tree and the black wire/white stripe splices into the a/c compressor ground wire. Trying to find where the yellow wire goes. This is a two wire blue and white plug.  Any help would be appreciated

Posted Image
1988 Conquests  

His:  Durban maroon with 351w  
        Sophia white MS2 full sequential with BW S257sxe in the middle of a full tear down

Hers: Red restored and on the road, mostly stock

#2 mstieg

mstieg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:09 AM

Can you zoom back or label this in MS paint so we know exactly which one you're referring to.  Kinda dirty & I'm not seeing a clear yellow.

Could help to find it in the manual.  Most of this is gone & rewired on mine or I'd take a look.  GL.
Before: 352 rwhp @15psi; MPI: SDS EM5F; Chad intake & equal length header; S256 turbo (56/80comp-64/74ex); 48" of 2.5" IC piping
Now Done:  7.5:1 .35 Wiseco rebuild w/ crank scraper; 274 Magna roller cam & 1.55 rockers; mod port AMC head; 1mm>valves; Innovate WB; GM alt/rewired; 3" 240 alum radiator, elec fans; BMW X5 oil separator exh. crankcase vent; gas tank renewed; D2s; sway/strut bars; LT1 T56 clutch & trans swap w/ Fidanza; 4.22 rear; 265 Kumos on SHP rears; new steering pump/box/lines & coupler fix: http://www.starquest...howtopic=139558; full dash/console rewire - Autometer, push start, etc.
In Progress: breakin & tune
Future: Enjoy driving again; meets & local shows; AC; WG reroute from open vent to exh; Water/Meth?; body/paint

FOR SALE:  Rear Camber plates (basic); NIB beefy U-joints(2); etc.see-->  http://www.starquest...howtopic=133262 Custom 5 guage overlay panel: http://www.starquest...pic=136703&st=0

#3 bflann

bflann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

the yellow wire goes to the a/c cut-off thermo sensor and provides ground for a/c magnetic clutch relay and the black provides 12v to the magnetic clutch through relay contact and also sends 12v signal to ecu indicating a/c magnetic clutch is engaged on a/c condenser, so if u have a/c working in car u need that connector for the a/c clutch operation and ecu idle control when a/c is running

#4 88351wtsi

88351wtsi

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Interests:My kids, music, and cars, not always in that order.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Thank you very much. The black wire is split to go 2 places so that should definitely be it. Much appreciated

Edited by 88351wtsi, 27 May 2017 - 03:17 PM.

1988 Conquests  

His:  Durban maroon with 351w  
        Sophia white MS2 full sequential with BW S257sxe in the middle of a full tear down

Hers: Red restored and on the road, mostly stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users