• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:56 AM

Needing a little input here. I Have the SAFC installed and the Rpm's aren't as jumpy as some say but they are not sitting on a specific Rpm.  I know you hook power to one side, rpm signal from the SAFC to the middle and ground the opposite side of the power wire.
Can you tap into the Power wire ,Rpm signal and Ground wire on the Safc harness?
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#2 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:55 AM

You dont hook up power to it you connect RPM signal. What you're trying to do is change the resistance of the RPM signal into the SAFC.

So wire it as such:

RPM In ---> Middle to SAFC ----> last leg to ground.

Then you adjust the dial on the resistor while watching dash RPM and SAFC rpm to ensure they match. I ran a SAFC 2 for a few years and that is the way I did it.

#3 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:37 AM

I totally read the install of the Potentiometer wrong. After I read your comment it makes a lot more sense to wire it that way.
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users