Mech

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:38 PM

So having searched extensively in this section, im still not getting a clear picture here as most threads are outdated with links and pics that are not working.

From what I have read, D2 has discontinued coilover production for starion and are NLA. However I see them for sale on Ebay. Have they started making them again? Or are these the last remaining?

If they are available, can someone make a recommendation with a link, as to exactly where I should buy them from (ebay seller?)  Also, do the coilovers come with camber plates? Or do I have to buy those separately? If so, which ones are compatible, and where should i buy them from?

It appears that rear camber plates are not available? Is this due to the rear chassis frame strut mount opening not being large enough, like the fronts? And the only option is to cut the frame and weld in a slotted camber plate, like importwarrior shows in the pinned thread?  

Currently the car has rear pillowball top mounts that have 3 different(holes) adjustments on it. But you have to lower or remove the strut assembly, remove it, and re-install to adjust camber. A set it and forget it setup.

#2 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

I think your overthinking it a bit on whether they are available and who to buy them from. I'd suggest you go on Ebay, search for them, pick a seller who has them for a reasonable price (around $1,000) and has a good feedback score, and buy them. As for the camber plates they will come with adjustable plates in the front but not the rear. I'm not sure why they opted to do it that way but what I did was purchase a set of rear plates seperately and use those.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#3 Mech

Mech

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

View Postspeedyquest, on 10 March 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

I think your overthinking it a bit on whether they are available and who to buy them from. I'd suggest you go on Ebay, search for them, pick a seller who has them for a reasonable price (around $1,000) and has a good feedback score, and buy them. As for the camber plates they will come with adjustable plates in the front but not the rear. I'm not sure why they opted to do it that way but what I did was purchase a set of rear plates seperately and use those.

Are you running d2's?  Which rear plates did you buy?

#4 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

Yessir I am. I ended up purchasing the Mookeeh rear adjustable pillowball ones.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users