My time in the high rise is over.

UlrichWolf

Well, change is inevitable.

So are rising rents when you live in the core of the city, and the downtown development people have "a vision". A vision of high rent, high-zoot, hoity-toity places.

But there is good news! I have made some very good friends in this building, and as luck would have it, they jacked up their rent too, LOL. My upstairs neighbor and I decided to do a roomate arrangement, and we found a KILLER place in an excellent section of Wichita. Here's the place:

Windemere At Tallgrass

Now, this place has some very distinct benefits from what I can tell. For openers, I will be RIGHT on the golf course. The property is more or less surrounded by Tallgrass Country Club. The apartment I'll get will be a second floor apartment that looks out on the 5th hole of the golf course. I'm thinking very serious fun potential here. Like, perhaps, a golf ball cannon?

Lots of savings here too. My current apartment is 565 square feet, it has a miniature range and oven, no washer and dryer hookups, and antiquated heat pumps. My upstairs neighbor is also on the north side, one floor up, and over....we both pay 700 a month now for our units, plus power that we pay to the building. The new place is a whopper 1300 square feet, washer and dryer included, full size, real-life non-EZ Bake oven, and big kitchen with pantry (I have missed that too), and regular utilities that we can get balanced billing for. Our unit is 895 a month. YOU do the math!

I will admit that I will miss the view, but I am replacing it with a different view, saving some cash, and gaining a ton of convenience, like a choice of grocery stores less than a mile away. They have a garage I can rent for the Starion for reasonable, and it looks to be a winner.

Now, I have to do what I hate. Move.

Tim

<p></p>

900 a month? thats alot hah I pay 700 a month for my house! and it's 2700 Sq ft.

Oh, I realize there are better deals to be had. However.....do you live on a golf course? LOL

Straight up, though....I have been to Colorado Springs, and it is really nice. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to find a nice place there....Wichita....you have to pay a little more to stay clear of the riff-raff.

we pay 550 a month for a measley 500sq/ft 2br house. I do like the 2 car garage with heat and A/C :ph34r:

good find! UlrichWolf

Thanks, brother! You go through all the pics?

Tim

Thanks, brother! You go through all the pics?

Tim

Ya, and man that is NICE. Looks like a high end yuppie type place , but for half the price. I would say you scored on this move..you are saving money, have a beautiful view and it will be very unlikely your car will get with messed with in a place like that.

Do they have a policy about working on cars? My last apt.complex said they would tow cars that dont move at least once every 48hrs and no changing oil, or have any fluid leaks. It was ridiculous!

I would, but I haven't found the house for me yet. Trust me, I have been looking for almost a year now.

Apartments, roomates, all fine with me. All temporary. A house....you get married to. I want to find the right one, and do it right.

Tim

I would, but I haven't found the house for me yet. Trust me, I have been looking for almost a year now. Apartments, roomates, all fine with me. All temporary. A house....you get married to. I want to find the right one, and do it right. Tim

Ok, I understand that, Tim.

Turborusty

first off just as you said shareing is great for both but the short fall is ,, just like you said things change and be prepair'd to be able to cover it all your self or do not stop looking , on a lighter note you did last a little longer then i figure'd

whats so great about liveing next to a golf course personaly i'd rather share a view with a herd of cows , life isn't about the view it's about the $$ in your pocket and if no one is in sight and you can save $$ your in the right spot

first off just as you said shareing is great for both but the short fall is ,, just like you said things change and be prepair'd to be able to cover it all your self or do not stop looking , on a lighter note you did last a little longer then i figure'd

whats so great about liveing next to a golf course personaly i'd rather share a view with a herd of cows , life isn't about the view it's about the $$ in your pocket and if no one is in sight and you can save $$ your in the right spot

Last a little longer than you figured? Hahahahaha. You DO realize, I intentionally put off moving just because it is a real complain to move out of a 20th floor flat, right? Honestly, I might have moved sooner, if moving wasn't going to be such a pain.

The golf course part is great because the crime rates around that area are pretty low. And, believe it or not, it is cheaper than where I live now, when you stack up all the amenities and square footage and what have you.

The biggest thing I worry about there is plowing into a errant golf cart that doesn't stop at the golf cart crossing. Oddly, I have friend from back in Texas who lived near a golf course, and had a run-in with a golf cart in the same fashion, except the crossing was across a State Highway. Let me tell you what, an '84 Thunderbird will make a mess of an EZ-Go, but it will total the Thunderbird. Crash protection on an EZ-Go is rather commendable.

Tim

wow i cant imagine paying those klinda prices when i did have a house payment it was only 483 a month but now i do of course live in the country but as far as view goes you can ask several members who have been to my house i have a amazing view but then again im a hour drive from the nearest decent paying job