Yet another LS Swap

Menesing Drifter

I'm running an x pipe then some sort of 3" glass pack deals. Don't know what brand they are, they were on car when I bought it and have continued to use them with my several different builds cause they sound bit chin ;) Edited by LSQuest88

If you can accept advice,although your build is incredible,tube your front arches especially in the front section.

If you want this to be a drift car,you'll see i hope not too late,that you will not be able to run bigger tyres or wheels and you will not be able to increase your stering ancle without hitting almost everything....also use a big big hammer to avoid cutting (not that is a problem with the root you are going lol) the rear section of the front arches....the wheel will most certainly catch somewhere inside and surelly you will damage your tyrew if you dont hack the inner steel used to hold the plastic inner arch

Just my 2 cents

If you can accept advice,although your build is incredible,tube your front arches especially in the front section.

If you want this to be a drift car,you'll see i hope not too late,that you will not be able to run bigger tyres or wheels and you will not be able to increase your stering ancle without hitting almost everything....also use a big big hammer to avoid cutting (not that is a problem with the root you are going lol) the rear section of the front arches....the wheel will most certainly catch somewhere inside and surelly you will damage your tyrew if you dont hack the inner steel used to hold the plastic inner arch

Just my 2 cents

I second that. You will need to tub the front.

I appreciate all your input guys. I agree with the fenders being cut but at this point i am sad to say this project has come to a grinding halt. I have had enough of the shop that has been working on this unprofessionalism, lack of communication, sketchiness, and means of extortion. At this point I am having the car shipped to me in California where I will find another shop to pick up where they left off. If anyone has any recommendations regarding good, reputable shops it would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Good news everyone! Found a shop to pick up where the other shop left off. Really excited to get this project rolling again with a optimistic deadline of All Star Bash in October. The car now sits happily at RAD Industries out in Santa Ana, California.
  • Like 1

The shop was able to get the car on the lift today to check out the quality of all the previous work. I must say, credit where credit is due, the a*************** did good work. Construction of the main hard lines started today as I wait to head to the shop tomorrow to go over some cool stuff.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/carsmart28/IMG_1003_zpswrbw0uz3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/carsmart28/IMG_1004_zpsty9tm2nx.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/carsmart28/IMG_1002_zpsatf1gfhn.jpg

After seeing these pictures of the underside what do you guys think/ recommend about some sort of undercarriage spray/ protectant??

I'm curious, will it be hard to get a driveshaft into its place with that flat bar running just in front of the torque tubes flange? I guess maybe you should fish the end in next to the torque tube and then back it up into the transmission if there was room. Its just hard to tell from the pictures.

I would definitely coat the underside, if this is not a daily and you plan to keep it clean, I would paint the inderside the same as the car. should keep rust at bay and would look awesome and show really nice. if you plan on just running this hard and not worrying too much about "show quality", then a durable bed liner spray will work wonders. I believe you can get the bed liner in a tinted color so it might be a nice accent to the car when finished.

the driveshaft could be an issue, would you have to disassemble the slip yolk end to get it in and out? it doesn't look like enough room to undo the torque tube end and slide it out of the tranny. but it could just be the angle of the photo. the workmanship does look top notch though. your car will be sick when its done.

I would definitely coat the underside, if this is not a daily and you plan to keep it clean, I would paint the inderside the same as the car. should keep rust at bay and would look awesome and show really nice. if you plan on just running this hard and not worrying too much about "show quality", then a durable bed liner spray will work wonders. I believe you can get the bed liner in a tinted color so it might be a nice accent to the car when finished.

I think for the route I'm going a bed liner type product will work. I might go to the occasional car show when its done but for the most part the car will live on the track.

the driveshaft could be an issue, would you have to disassemble the slip yolk end to get it in and out? it doesn't look like enough room to undo the torque tube end and slide it out of the tranny. but it could just be the angle of the photo. the workmanship does look top notch though. your car will be sick when its done.

I'm curious, will it be hard to get a driveshaft into its place with that flat bar running just in front of the torque tubes flange? I guess maybe you should fish the end in next to the torque tube and then back it up into the transmission if there was room. Its just hard to tell from the pictures.

Its interesting what you guys have to say regarding the driveshaft. I know it has been installed before but I wasn't there to see it in or how difficult it was to install/uninstall. I'm pretty sure its just the angle of the picture thats causing the weird look. I'll try to get a better angle for you guys next time I'm at the shop

So I have a off topic and pretty random question for y'all. Would anyone know where I can get some spare keys made?? All the places I've tried to get my keys copied at don't have the right blank. I've been to atleast 6 places with all of them not having the right blank. Where have you guys gone/ done to get key copies? Should I try the dealership?

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

Got a new job so I haven't been able to go to the shop in a few weeks.

The one thing about working with a race shop that is in the middle of there season is well, there out racing. So progress has slowed due to the priority of there race cars.

I spoke with Dan last week and right now there starting on knocking out all the plumbing by ordering everything.

One bit of news I got was that I'm going to have to get a floor mounted Pedal assembly due to the lack of room in the foot wells which should be interesting...