GNT Short throw shifter

wrngwae

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah stop punching your passengers in the knee when you shift 5th. I love my GnT shifter.

Reminds me of the day i was backing a Starion with no power steering into a tight space and punched myself in the nuts, anyhoo buy a GMT SHORT SHIFTER , GO ON DOO EET .

• 2 weeks later...

They are delrin pivot balls

So this bushing will not wear out fast? I dont want to have to replace it multiple times like ive seen some ppl with the mk1 shifter...My shifter has a ton of play while in gear and I figured get a Short throw while I'm taking it apart...

No sir. They should last a good long time. And if you have any issues, we will take care of them. We have taken on some issues frome before we took over and we don't mind. It's for the love of the cars. And we're not going anywhere. We're here for service after the sale.

I'm going to have to pick one of these up for sure! Before you know it I'll have every damn thing you guys make, geez guys, stop making stuff so I can spend money someplace else lol. Edited by speedyquest

Finished install yesterday, and just test drove my new bent GNT short shifter. This thing is awesome!!! Nice short shifts that inspire confidence whether flying up the gears or downshifting to save the brakes a little. I have an older (maybe 6 or 7 yrs ago) model Mookee short shifter on my other quest, which is a good unit, but it will be coming off for my second GNT! Fantastic support all the way through from wrngwae on PM's back and forth. Thank you wrngwae and GNT for top notch support and a sweet upgrade!
  • Like 1

No Parker. Thank you for your support of us here at GNT and a fantastic comparison to the other shifters available. Again. Thanks.

Wrngwae aka Tye.

same here not in yet. i got it from the first GP you did. :(

If you need a hand with assembly let me know. i got one assembled and ready to go if you want to trade in the new kit and core.

Hey Alan. Yes a lot of the stock shifters I have seen have major wear on the pivot ball in the upper part of the shifter. If they are even there. Most rot away and end up in the transmission. Along with worn pivot pins and tore shifter boots causing leaks and debris inside the transmission. On our kit you reuse that boot so it needs to be in good condition. Hope this helps.

So what have you guys been doing with ones you are using for cores that are not acceptable to rebuild? I haven't looked at mine but I wouldn't mind making sure mine is "refreshed" and ready for a GNT short throw when I buy it.

Well to be honest. We have gotten 2 cores. And one was toast. Only because of the rotten boot. May have to get creative and find a similar replacement. Thats if we reproduce any more. The cost is going up after these. Due to machining costs. Sorry. I believe there are only 7 left of these. Right now. Edited by wrngwae